Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Nothing Certain Here

February 16, 2009 I back to work again after the vacation I took last week due to my grandmother’s funeral. I open my outlook and there are 3 incoming emails. The first two is from my friend and the other one is from my ex supervisor. Email from my ex supervisor is about helping request. He asked me to help him creating a SOP (standard operation procedure) with regards to access to Production server (both SAP and OS Level).
It’s Ok for me to help him because it’s still related to SAP. Just 5 minutes started my work, another manager come to me asking for a help. What the eff…… I feel like a servant. I think not only me the one in the office who sitting on the bench. There are at least 15 persons and they available to help him. Why does he want my help? I heard his explanation and after he explained it to me, I said to him that I have another job from my ex supervisor. He looked disappointed, but I did not care.
I called my ex supervisor who also my counselor asked him about the task he gave me. After heard his explanation I dare to ask him about my next project. 2 weeks ago my HR representative and him said I will be assigned to A*P project. It’s a SAP Implementation project. Can you guess what did He say to me on the phone? He said maybe I will not be the team member in this project….S*it….. They promise me this project 2 weeks ago and now they said the different thing. Upset fill me up and I have no sprit anymore to complete the task he just gave me…..
I think there is something wrong with this company. They expect us to work maximal, but what feedback they gave to us? They can only give you promises and they never try to fulfill them.
Hmm….maybe this is the fate of being an analyst, the bottom-line position in the organization structure. You have to and must do what the upper-line ask you to do even though you do not want to do it for some reasons.
If you work in this company, you have to learn to maintain your expectation because nothing certain here.